Sunday, May 17, 2015

Great Brunch....


One of the finer things in life, Sunday Brunch with friends. This week brought David and I and our friends Tammy and Richard to one of our favorite spots up the hill at Selland's Cafe in El Dorado Hills. You order cafeteria style and pay for it in line, but they bring it to you... the hitch, you have to pass by all of their baked goods....the fresh baked snickerdoodles, red velvet cupcakes...just to name a few. It is very busy on Sundays, but the line is quick and the service is always top notch, I don't think I've ever had to wait long at all. They feature both indoor and outdoor seating. 

Pictured above is one of my favorite dishes, the French Toast Casserole with bacon. The French Toast is a work of art, a melee of cinnamon, sugar, and an added treat of candied pecans. To balance the sweet they have four pieces of perfectly cooked and peppered bacon. Not burnt to a crisp, and not an underdone stretchy mess... perfection. I tried something new today, Vanilla Lemonade. Yum! So my Sacramento Valley friends, this is well worth a ride up the hill.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment